The Mickley/Berg Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to two students under the following provisions:
- A sum of $1,000.00, subject to available funds, donated annually by the Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club, which provides funds for this scholarship.
- The selection process will include reviewing individual applications and interviews of the finalists by the Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club Scholarship Committee.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- Hold a current valid Amateur Radio License, any class, issued by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Priority will be given to Amateurs who are active in Amateur Radio related activities in their community.
- Plan to be a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours if undergraduate, or equivalent as a graduate student).
- Currently have a cumulative high school or college GPA of at least 3.00 out of 4.00, or equivalent college entrance requirements.
- Plan to enroll, or be enrolled, in a 2 or 4 year degree program, or a graduate degree program, at an accredited college or university. Priority will be given to those with a college major in the fields of physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or education in one of these fields.
- Be a U.S. citizen. Priority will be given to residents of Oregon counties Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington and Yamhill.
- Have been a well-rounded student and participated in other school and community activities.
The first half of the scholarship money will be paid in August directly to the applicant upon proof of acceptance to the college or university program. The second half of the money will be paid directly to the student in December upon proof of satisfactory completion (GPA of 2.00 or better and student in good standing) of Fall quarter with at least 12 credit hours, or graduate program equivalent.
The scholarship will be null and void if not used within fifteen months of the notification of the winner.
The scholarship recipients are encouraged to maintain contact with the Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Club to advise them of their academic progress while attending college or university.
Submissions are due by March 31.
All correspondence or questions regarding this scholarship should be directed to the following:
Mickley/Berg Memorial Scholarship
Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 5471
Aloha, OR 97006-0471